La Rinascente is the most elegant department store in Italy, the first in the world at the Global Department Store Summit 2016.
In 2017, the company launched its On Demand service via WhatsApp to offer customers a personal concierge service via chat. The personal shopper accompanies customers in their choice and purchase of a product or a valid alternative, and takes care of shipment. With the support of Digital Retex, La Rinascente was able to extend its On Demand service to the Chinese market on the WeChat channel.
Using ICONIC, our own Conversational Marketing platform for WeChat, Digital Retex supported La Rinascente in launching its On Demand service. The objective was a direct online presence to enable Chinese customers to access all the products available in the store in Piazza Duomo even from afar.
La Rinascente is the first European company in the sector to introduce a system of Conversational Commerce on WeChat aimed at the Chinese public.
The Iconic platform made it possible for La Rinascente to:
- manage and save the conversations between followers of the On Demand Official WeChat Account and Rinascente personal concierges
- integrate with an external order management system to improve its purchase and after-sales processes
- integrate with WeChat Pay for electronic payments
- provide a space reserved for the customer showing all past orders
- share information and update promotions
- create differentiated access dedicated to Chinese personal shoppers in their native language
The activities designed for the Milanese store do not end here, Retex China in fact, with the aim of attracting on the platform an increasing number of users, organizes promotional communication campaigns designed for the target audience and in line with the major Chinese holidays.